We’re seeing a few pests around on the servers, just an update to make you aware that these are the current Admins.
(in Alphabetical order)
If you are a tag wearing member and are interested in becoming an admin, please contact me directly.
This is the beginning of the Clan Challenge series.
Clan Challenge #1
- If you are registered here and or a member of the 13SN clan then you are eligible
- This challenge seeks the player that can attain the highest single score WITHOUT A DEATH on one of the 13SN Servers.
- Proof of your result must be corroborated by another Registered Member and a Screen Shot posted in this Thread.
Clan Challenge #2
- This Challenge is designed to be difficult !
- Create your own team of at least 4 players.
- Register your team with a team name here by making a reply to this post noting each players Gamer Tag.
- A Gamer can only be a member of ONE Team.
- The Challenge is to complete this month’s nominated Map on the nominated Server without any of your team dying.
- This Month’s nominated Map is Dry Canal.
- This Challenge Starts NOW and will end either by a Team completing the Challenge or by Midnight on the last day of July the Team with the best result.
- You may use more than one Map Cycle but no team member may have any death.
- Once your registrations have been received, a nominated Server will be created with the appropriate configuration (Dry Canal, 6 Slots, Max Bots and Max Difficulty with 1 Round only)
- Proof of result needs to be posted by screenshot here and corroborated.
- We reserve the right to revise the above rules during the course of the Challenge.
Post any questions or information here for Challenge 1 or 2
It’s been a while since I’ve posted to you here and sadly the only reason for this post is to ask you to donate a few $$$’s to support the site.
Our SSL certificate is about to expire and to renew we need $49.95 !
Please help by throwing a few $$$’s into the kitty by PayPal here https://13sn.com.au/home/help-13sn/
Thanks again for your support and to all those who play on our 5 Servers
It’s Tuesday night again, look forward to some good gaming again tonight.
Interesting stats at http://13sn-brutal1.gameme.com/ – we can now see RogueSniper running away with the lead, Tucker and Wardy seem to have given up the chase !!!
I’m getting some feedback that our servers are heavily loaded and sometimes difficult to get a slot so I’ll get that sorted and add some more !
Again, look forward to seeing you all tonight
Just a reminder to get in early tonight, password “noobs”
The competition is on, the Top Spot is seesawing between 13SN Tucker and 13SN Wardy, who will blink first ? The lead has swapped a few times over the last week and is now hovering around 37k.
We’ve been running 2 servers with a lobby of 6 making it a little harder to get to the end of the map, tell us what you think !
Remember also that your admins are …
There’ll be another 2 admins added over the next week.
13SN Menace and 13SN Beige maintain the server infrastructure.
It’s Tuesday Night Oldies again.
Server #4 will be password-“ed” again tonight, password is “noobs”, look forward to some more shenanigans !
Thanks for the Donations from Strings and M E G A Donation from Enodab. Checkout the Supporters Page for those Donator Heros
Some of the Donation has been used to add GameMe to Server #3 and Server #4.
Server #2 is having a hard time at the moment and a support ticket has been submitted to gameservers.com to see if they can resurect it.
Server #5 I’m using for testing at the moment but next weekend we’ll add that to GameMe too !
Still a few issues with configurations and getting that level of brutality that keeps us coming back.
Look forward to seeing you all tonight.
Hi Security Forces !
Just an update about what’s been happening with the Servers
We had an update as you all know which changed a few things relating to configuration, we’ve managed now to resolve this and get things going. One of the issues was that a server could not be started with more than 5 bots. Currently we are configured to start the server at 5 bots with 1 player and add up to 24 as players total 8.
We have taken the Bot Damage from 1.0 to around 1.3 (this is the amount of damage a bot gives off when they shoot you, a higher setting damages you more and means you are more likely to die), this makes things a little more difficult, give some feedback as to how you think this is going and if needed we can revert to 1.0
We now have 5 Servers. One Server, #4, will have a password applied for Tuesday Night Festivities, at other times, it will be open to the public. Hope to see you there, always a good friendly night, password is “noobs”.
Last night another update was released, we’re also on top of this one now and have Servers 1,3,4 and 5 running. Server 2 which is hosted at gameservers.com is still giving some grief but hope to get that going again later today or at least by Tuesday !
See you in game soon
It’s that time of the week again folks
Server #4 will be booted up and password is “noobs” – join off me if you don’t have the address
PVP / Comp team. Unfortunately the company I had this hosted at seems to have been RPG’d by the Bots ! (hypergaming.com.au) – this means that I’ll have to create another server in the same Rack as #1 and #3 are hosted – give me a few days / week and we’ll be up again. I’ve had a few of you respond indicating interest in the competitive team and am looking for a few more so we can run practice, alternately we jump onto a 5v5 server via the Server Browser and make sure we have a party.
There are some interesting updates in the pipeline for Insurgency about to be released, they are in beta now but when full release occurs we’ll throw them onto our 3 servers.
Look forward to seeing you tonight
This will be a Coop / Checkpoint server for Tuesday night Clan nights.
If you are receiving this email then YOU ARE INVITED.
It will have a password which is “noobs”
If you’re having trouble finding it, friend me on steam and join off me or someone else you know.
See you there.
Was a good session last night for the “Tuesday Night Oldies” – good turnout on all servers – thanks to those who played.
A reminder that Tuesday night is “Clan Night” so if you’re seeing this email or post and are registered here or a 13SN Clan member, we’d like to see you on.
A few updates …
PVP Server – looks like the game hosting provider has bitten the bullet, web site has been down for a week and not answering emails. I’ll spin up another server somewhere else, this time I’ll make it a multi purpose one that can be configured to suit on the fly – 48 players (24 P v 24 P or 8 P v 32 Bots)
Website – two of you have noted that you’ve had an issue with logging in and passwords – if you have issues, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we’ll get it sorted for you
Becoming a member – if you’re wanting to wear the 13SN Clan Tag simply let me know by email or grabbing me in game. Simply put, if you’re known to the members as a regular player, mix well and don’t cause problems on the server then we’d like to welcome you in.
Photo’s – if you’ve got some screenshots or video, let me know and we’ll post them up. Here are a couple of shots from last night that I took whilst in purgatory.
Insurgency was updated and patched on September 18.
At that time I was able to update #1 Coop and #3 PVP servers and get them running but #2 had problems. Following that there has been a Hot Fix and since then I’ve been unable to get #2 and #3 running, these are hosted at third party server hosts, Gameservers and Hyper respectively. Support tickets have been submitted.
I’ll update this post as more information comes to hand.
At the time of writing this post, #1 is the only Server running, hosted on our own Cloud Rack.
Here are some details about the new improvements. One major and welcome addition is a new map, Embassy.
I had a few rounds on this map last night and overall I’ve very happy with it, the AI appears better (that could be my biased thinking) and the spawns are a bit more unpredictable. I’m sure we’ll be giving the new Embassy map a good workout over the next few days.
Here’s a challenge for you all, who will be the first person to find Kim Beasley’s Photo in the map !
- Embassy map
- Multiplayer modes: Firefight, Ambush, Elimination, Skirmish, Push, Occupy, and Strike
- Cooperative modes: Checkpoint, Hunt, Survival, and Outpost
- Compass HUD element.
- Squad Leader radial menu.
- New voice commands.
- Redesigned radial menu:
- Removed floating markers (enemy spotting, move to, etc), these now appear as icons on the compass.
- Added directional callouts (“Enemy contact, North!” or “Move South-East.”).
- Added keybinding options for every radial menu command.
- Added new control schemes for selecting radial menu options:
- Scrolling: Hold down the radial key and scroll to select an option.
- Numbered: Press C and a number key, does not lock your aiming.
- Voice chevrons around floating squad icons now also appear for radial commands.
- Added squad leader specific radial menu, the center radial option switches between leader/subordinate menus. This can be bound to a unique key.
- Added cl_hud_firemode_show_always convar which, when enabled, will result in the firemode display always being visible.
- The Outpost and Survival level display is now where the clock is in other modes.
- The active objective icon HUD element has been merged with the dock. Entering an objective will show a larger icon for the active objective as well as showing the progress.
- Added tactical reloads to the shotguns.
- A player will be pushed away from a wall if there is no room for the extents of their body.
- Limited the amount of time that players can get infinite resupplies if they don’t leave their spawn (default: 45 seconds).
- Unlimited resupplying is completely disabled in Push during the last stand.
- Buckshot fires 12 pellets rather than 9, spread increased.
- Lag compensation now factors in pose parameters.
- Flashbang effects are visible when spectating a player in first person.
- New and improved character animations:
- Reloading and firing are now properly animated for bolt action rifles and shotguns.
- Players hold and reload all SMGs correctly.
- Rifles, SMGs and shotguns are kept shouldered when running while standing or crouching.
- New start of round idles for all weapon types.
- New grenade throw animations for standing and crouching.
- New stance transition animations (stand to crouch, crouch to prone etc.).
- Pistol slides move when firing.
- The model of the C4/IED will change to the detonator when appropriate.
- The warhead from the RPG will now disappear after it has been fired.
- Various other fixes.
- Empty shell casings eject from third person character models.
- Suppressed weapons emit muzzle smoke when fired, and smoke trail after firing by the third person character.
- New M40 and M590 world models.
- Updated the prone positions in third person so your player model head is where the first person view is, no longer the crotch.
- Shotgun pumping animation is now a separate animation and functions the same way as bolt-action rifles (eg. you can suspend the pumping sequence by holding down the left mouse button after firing).
- Improved water explosion sounds.
- Fixed players not hearing the same HQ or radial command voice over lines.
- Opposing team will hear voice over triggered by radial menu commands.
- Added HQ voice overs for hero captures and one minute remaining warnings.
- The radial menu now has separate dialogue that plays when the speaker is suppressed, just as the responses do.